Thursday, October 22, 2015

Autumn Hibernation Time

Ahhh it's that time of the year again. 

It's officially reached the South.  

It's cooled down.  
The humidity is gone {thank goodness}. 
Our grass is finally recovering from the terrible drought. 
The leaves are changing color.  
The skies are brilliant blue.
It's the season of Pumpkin everything, wonderful boots, and coziness.

It's also that time of the year where the mornings are so darn dark and cold 
that I cannot bear to get out of bed and into the shower.  

I love that in the South, summer seems to last for 6 months of the year 
and spring and autumn last for a couple months as well; 
winter is the shortest season.
It was one of the BEST discoveries I made the first year living down here. 

The simple fact that we get adequate warm months, 
makes it easier to survive the change of seasons.

With that in mind,  I still find it funny how I turn into a complete bear this time of year. 
Walks at 5:00am with the dogs are not so bearable. 
It's totally dark and cold,
and getting dressed takes more effort and more layers. 

Pippa, our eldest fur baby, is just like me.
Alarm goes off and she is straight under the covers. 
Adamantly denying that it is time to wake up.
The struggle is real. 

I remember in kindergarten we were instructed to all bring in a little stuffed bear,
and in an effort to teach us about animals that hibernate
our stuffed animals had to stay in our little cubbies until spring.  
{Except during nap time.. then our bears could come out and cuddle.}


This will be my little cuddle bears and me until next year...






On a bright note... I heard it snowed in New York last weekend.  haha :) 

No comments:

All images and text are property of Rose Spadaro and may not be reproduced without permission. This site is powered by Blogger and was made a little lovelier by The Sunday Studio.