Friday, June 5, 2015

New Goals & First Friday Reflection

Hello!

I've been feeling very guilty and low about lacking time for all the things that make me really happy. Since I've named this as my small creative space, I'd like to make more time to write some posts. Therefore, I've given myself some new goals; Even if I get into a stretch of time where I don't have time to build, craft, cook, or garden... I'd like to write a couple/few posts a week.

I'm formerly introducing: Mindful Monday, Wander Wednesday, and Reflection Friday.

These three theme days fit in so perfectly with the way my mind works, because regardless of how busy I get, I never cease mulling over some idea, or dreaming of places to explore. I'll use two days to share my previous travel stories and travel inspiration, as well as share some quotes that get me thoughtful.

The Mindful Monday, will be an extension of a personal endeavor. As a severely "Type A" person, I tend to be a bit wound up and also always in a rush.  Being more mindful of the present, instead of tangled up in the past or in speedy pursuit of the future, is something I think will be very beneficial. Since, being good at something takes practice and Type A people need structure...I'm scheduling one day a week where I share my conscious effort at acknowledging and appreciating the present moment and things that might otherwise pass me by if I didn't slow down to notice them. :)

For my first ever Friday Reflection, I chose a quote from one of my favorite books/authors.  It aligns well with my new goals.


“Often we pass beside happiness without seeing it, without looking at it, or even if we have seen and looked at it, without recognizing it.”
Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

No comments:

All images and text are property of Rose Spadaro and may not be reproduced without permission. This site is powered by Blogger and was made a little lovelier by The Sunday Studio.